Want to be part of a team that’s having a big impact?
Then join our group of innovative minds who love using data to solve real world problems.
We’re looking for talented, enthusiastic individuals to be the magic link between us and those businesses that want to use their data to delight their customers and beat their competitors.
Sounds like you?
Drop us a line at email@example.com and let us know why you’d like to join Distil. We’ll get back to you as soon as we can.
Senior Java Developer
We are looking for a highly skilled senior Java developer to join our company looking to take the next step in their career.
In this role, you will be responsible for the day to day development and maintenance of our highly available big data application, managing other development team members, code reviews, plus developing our CI/CD infrastructure.
- Develop and maintain Java applications
- Interpreting briefs to create high-quality code that functions according to specifications.
- Prioritize, assign and execute tasks throughout the software development life cycle
- Review, test and debug team members’ code
- Ensure our applications are secure and up-to-date
- Identifying and resolving immediate and potential issues with applications
- Participating in group meetings to discuss projects and objectives
- Provide effective knowledge transfer to team members and potentially customers
- Meeting deadlines on fast-paced deliverables
- Significant coding skills in Java
- 5yrs+ work experience as a commercial Java Developer
- Experience using Java Spring framework and JUnit
- Experience in delivering software using Agile methodologies
- Experience with the following is preferred:
- Elastic Search
- Experience with Docker, and optionally Kubernetes
- Knowledge of microservice architecture
- Excellent written and verbal communication
- Experience in developing on the Public Cloud (ideally Azure but AWS or GCP is acceptable)
- Ability to work with other developers and assist junior team members
- We work with ReactJS so any experience working with this would be advantageous but is not essential
Our main office is located on the quay side in Exeter, Devon, UK. Members of the dev team are able to work remotely, though it’s likely that sprint planning and in person dev chat meetings every two weeks, as well as on the occasional ad-hoc basis.
Feel free to get in touch with any further questions and we look forward to hearing from you!
Frontend Developer – React.js
- Meeting with the development and product team to discuss user interface ideas and applications.
- Reviewing application requirements and interface designs, and translating these into high quality code
- Optimizing components for maximum performance across a vast array of web-capable devices and browsers.
- Writing and maintaining tests for the interface.
- Monitoring and improving front-end performance.
- Previous demonstrable commercial experience working as a react.js developer.
- Experience with React.js workflows such as Redux and Flux.
- Knowledge and experience of performance and testing frameworks such as Mocha, Jest, Karma and Jasmine
- Experience with common front-end development tools such as NPM, Babel and Webpack.
- Familiarity with Docker
- Good troubleshooting skills.
- Familiarity with code versioning using git.
Our main office is located in Exeter, Devon, UK. Members of the development team are able to operate remotely if you wish. If you choose to work remotely you will be expected to travel to the office for sprint planning meetings every two weeks, as well as on the occasional ad-hoc basis.
Feel free to get in touch with any further questions and we look forward to hearing from you